Vardenafil Doses: Make Sure to Prevent an Overdose
Vardenafil is a product of GlaxoSmithKline Company used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It belongs to the PDE5 [inhibitor drug group which work towards restricting the PDE5 enzyme so that the penis muscles can relax. As a result, more blood will flow into the penis making it possible to erect.
Before you decide to take a Vardenafil pill, consult a doctor who will examine you in order to determine whether you can use Vardenafil. This is because people with the following medical complications should not use Vardenafil:
- Unmanageable hypertension
- Liver or kidney illness
- Malformed penis
- Low blood pressure
- Bleeding problems
- Eye complications
- Low blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disorders
Certain drugs also interact with Vardenafil and for this reason, tell your doctor if you are on any other medication before you get started on Vardenafil. Some of these drugs are:
- HIV medications
- Certain antifungal medications
- Some antibiotics
- Hypertension medicine
- Other ED drugs
Levitra Dosage How Long Does It Last?
Levitra is available in 5mg, 10mg and 20mg doses which are administered in accordance with individuals. The starting Levitra dose is usually 10mg but this may be increased to 20mg if 10mg does not work, or reduced to 5mg if 10mg is too strong.
Levitra should be taken one hour before the time intended for having sex with a glass of water. In a period of thirty minutes, the effects of the drug can be felt and some people can be able to hold an erection. This effect will last for five hours in which the man will be able to hold an erection without much struggle. To get the full potential of a Levitra pill, there is a need for foreplay to put you in the mood for sex; Levitra will not make the penis to automatically erect without getting sexually aroused.
Below is a simple guide to Levitra administration in different cases:
- For healthy adult men; the starting dose is 10mg but this may either be increased to 20mg if it does not work or reduced to 5mg if 10mg is too strong.
- Men over the age of 65; these will be given the same 10mg dose like the other men but an increase of the dose to 20mg should be done with caution putting special consideration to how much they can endure.
- Those with liver disease; these should be given the 5mg dose and if it does not work, it can only be increased to 10 mg depending on individual ability to withstand
- A person with kidney disease; if the illness is not severe, they could be given a dose similar to other men. For those with severe cases, only 5mg should be given but again depending on tolerability one may be given 10mg or 20mg doses.
- Children under 18 years; these should not be given Levitra whatsoever.
- Those using other drugs that may interact with Levitra; these should be given a dose not exceeding 5 mg.
Symptoms of Levitra Overdose
A man may take the prescribed Levitra dose and fail to notice any changes; if the partner does not understand or he does not want to be seen as a failure, he may want to take an extra pill to try if it will work. This extra pill is an overdose and it may cause more harm than the good intended.
Some of the symptoms of an overdose include:
- Rapid fall in blood pressure
- Loss of sight
- Loss of breath
- Cold sweat
- Pain in the chest
- Ringing ears
- Swelling is some body parts
- Irregular heartbeat
- Prolonged erection that may be very painful
To be on the safe side, ensure that you consult the doctor if any of the common side effects become unbearable as this could be a sign of an overdose. Seek medical attention immediately as it could even lead to death if not attended soon enough.
How to Take Levitra and Prevent an Overdose
- Always take the dose recommended by a doctor and make sure you notify the doctor if you wish to change this dosage.
- Avoid taking substances that will inhibit the excretion of Levitra as the more it lingers in the body, the more the side effects. Some of the products to avoid are grapefruits and their juices.
- Do not mix erectile dysfunction at the same time; the second drug will be considered as an overdose of the first drug and will add to more side effects.
- Buy your drugs from a reliable source; when sourcing your drugs from an online store, make sure you buy original drugs. Fake drugs could have a higher dose than that which is required. For this reason, ensure that the pharmacies you buy from are verified.
Levitra may be an effective drug for the relief of erectile dysfunction but if the wrong dose is administered, serious side effects could occur. Always ensure that you consult a doctor who will guide you on the correct dose for you before buying Levitra. Disclose any other drugs you may be taking as well as this may also hinder the smooth working of Levitra. In addition, avoid any food that will prolong the duration of time that Levitra in the body as this will also make the side effects linger in the body. If you notice anything out of the ordinary after taking Levitra, call your doctor and inquire if it is anything to worry about. Do not wait until the condition gets out of hand. To keep you off fake drugs that have flooded the online market, we have provided a list of Top Online Pharmacies where you can safely buy original drugs from.